Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Elder Scott told me...


Last night, after Marc returned home from the Priesthood session of General Conference, we were relaxing on the couch. As he put his arm around me, he said, "Meg, I love you." He said it so sweetly, and I replied, "Aw, I love you, too." Then, he said, "Elder Scott told me to tell you that."

I giggled. "Really?" I asked.

Marc: "Yeah, he said I should take every chance to wrap my arms around my wife and tell her I love her."

Me: "Oh, that's sweet."

Then, a little later, I was up in the kitchen doing the dishes, when I hear him call out, "Whatcha doing, babe?"

Me: "I'm just doing the dishes before we go to bed."

Marc: "Do you want some help?"

Me: "Oh, that's sweet... but, no, I'm okay. It should just take me a minute."

Marc: "Elder Scott told me to ask you that."

I giggled again.

Then, later, as we were climbing into bed, I said, "we need to read the scriptures." And, he said, "I'm going to get better at taking the lead of our scripture study... Elder Scott said I should."

It was so cute how he was already trying to put into practice the messages he heard from Elder Scott's talk.

These past two days have been so amazing! I'm so grateful for the sweet comfort and encouraging messages of hope and faith that we've received from our living prophets this weekend. I came hungering and wanting... and I have been filled to overflowing. There is so much to digest, so much to take in and put into practice. We will work for the next six months to make our lives reflect the beautiful messages we've received, and continue to find even more healing and strength in the coming months.

For anyone that is interested, please go here to listen to messages of hope, of courage in the face of trial, of practical advice in how to face the challenges of the world we live in. For me personally, I found so many talks directly point to tools that will help me along my journey of grief... my heart has found so much healing this weekend.

You will not be disappointed. I promise.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Haha. So entertained. "Elder Scott said ..." :) I feel as though I want to start off more sentences with "Elder So & So said ..." :) What a good hubby you have. :)

KieraAnne said...

I'm so jealous! I asked my husband what they talked about and all he said was that they should be nicer to their wives. I should make him read this post as an example of what he could try doing. ;)

Kelly said...

I love it!

That totally explains why I was pleasantly surprised to find my husband loading and starting the dishwasher last night before bed. He didn't mention priesthood session - but then I didn't ask. It was a busy night.

Sam and Lacey said...

That is so cute. I am so glad to hear that you will be doing a temple session on October 11th. Thank you so much. Your genorosity means so much to us. One day we will meet up and I will be able to thank you in person. I hope everything is going good for you and I hope you can feel our prayers.

Becky Rose said...

there's a CD out by Hillary Weeks- a new one that has many songs that remind me of what you may be feeling. The CD is called If I only had today.