Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Friday, October 17, 2008

Beautiful Autumn


An opportunity came up that we couldn't refuse and, knowing that a good vacation would be good for us, Marc and I spent most of last week in New England. Autumntime is our very favorite time of year, and we happened to be in the most beautiful part of the country at the most spectacular time of the year.

Here's an overview of the loop we made through as much of New England as we could possibly squeeze into our trip:



We started in Manchester, NH. From there we went to Portland, Boston, Providence, some small town in Connecticut, then back up to Manchester. It's too bad we didn't make it to Vermont. I guess it gives us a reason to return. 

We did a lot of driving, a lot of walking... but, most important we completely jumped into the present. We didn't think or talk much about what has happened, we didn't worry about what lies ahead of us; for the six days we were away, we lived. We enjoyed each other. We marveled at the beauty of the earth. We reconnected. We found renewal. And, for the first time in three months I felt one hundred percent certain that we were really going to make it through this.

The photos that follow are just a tiny glimpse of the beauty we experienced. It's impossible to capture what we saw, and even more impossible to describe the healing effect this getaway had on us. It was exactly what we needed... I only wish it could have lasted longer or that coming back wouldn't have been so awfully hard. But, I suppose this is all part of the process.


3 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

Hello! We've never met but apparently you hung out with my family recently! Jared is my brother and Amy is my sis- in law! I am so jealous of your trip to my home! I love New England and really miss the fall foliage! it was funny looking at the pictures of Portland because I know exactly where you were! I love Maine, and I am happy you could enjoy it as well! I am so happy you had the chance to relax!

Andrea said...

Megan and Marc:
What beautiful and amazing pictures! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I'm so glad you were able go and spend some time together and also to get away from the grief for a moment. Thinking of you always.
Love,
Andrea

dust and kam said...

What an amazing trip! And pictures! I love vacations like this!

Hope you are doing well.
Lots of Love!