Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Friday, August 24, 2007

Fifth Anniversary


Megan and I celebrated our fifth anniversary yesterday. It's amazing to me that we've been married for only five years, yet we've gone through so many wonderful experiences together.

One day when I was in college, I received a letter from my Dad in which he listed several of the girls he dated before he met my Mom. Reading his short descriptions, I gather he would have been a different man had he married any of them. It was clear that he knew when he found a good match in my Mother.

When I met Megan in 2001, things unfolded the same way. My life seemed to be crumbling like the World Trade Center, and from within my thick dust cloud of emotions I found it hard to trust that Megan was...well, real. She helped lift me out of my trials and I hesitated to ask her to marry me because I was sure that no positive experience that significant could last a lifetime.

And of course, it has lasted. Thank you, Megan, for marrying me. I love you.

-Marc

5 comments:

Heffalump said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

dust and kam said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are too cute! I am happy for you!

Amy said...

Hope it was wonderful! Flip-flops with a wedding dress...I love it. If I wasn't so short that would have been tempting. :)

Calamity Jane said...

You made me tear up! You two are darling! Happy anniversary

Marc and Megan said...

Thanks, everyone, for celebrating with us!!