Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Friday, August 31, 2007

Tomato Basil Parmesan Pasta

I have to be honest that I was really shocked that Marc loved this pasta so much to take a picture of it and blog about it. It is so easy that it hardly deserves this kind of attention. I feel like I should pat some flour on my face and pretend I've been slaving away!

It's kind of hard to write out recipes of Italian dishes. In Italy measuring cups and spoons do not exist. When I would ask an Italian how they made a certain dish, they would literally say, "two handfuls of flour," or "a few large pinches of salt," or "just mix it until it gets a beautiful color." So, pardon me for the recipe below, because I really don't measure any Italian dishes I make. You might have to make it over and over until it comes out right. :)

Tomato Basil Parmesan Pasta

Ingredients:
Barilla Pasta, cooked al dente
5-8 Roma tomatoes
2-4 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
2-4 Tbls. basil and oregano, each
1/3 cup tomato sauce
Shredded Parmesan cheese

While the pasta is cooking, dice the tomatoes in small chunks. Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, and the spices, and cook on medium heat in a skillet, until the tomatoes look like they're well-cooked (about 10 minutes or so). Then, if you need the extra sauce, add it, but not more than 1/3 cup. When the pasta is done, drain and add it to the sauce. Mix it well. Top with parmesan cheese (NOT the Kraft powder stuff! Use the shredded more real stuff). Serves about 4. Easy Peasy and so yummy people will want to blog about it! :)

6 comments:

Heffalump said...

Thanks for the recipe! I will add it to my collection!

Calamity Jane said...

Yea thankyou!!!!!

Marc and Megan said...

I hope you both like it... I would love to hear how the recipe turns out for you! :) (sorry about the lack of precise measurements!)

dust and kam said...

Yum!! We love pasta! Thanks for the new recipe!

dust and kam said...

So in the past few days I have made pasta twice - not the exact recipe (really... I never use exact recipes;), but the general idea! I love it! Thanks for the recipe. I had never made sauce this way before! It was excellent.

Thanks Megan!

Marc and Megan said...

Kamie, you're so welcome! That's the thing I love about making pasta - you don't need to use exact recipes. I'm so glad you like the "general idea" of this recipe, though! It makes me happy to share something useful every once in a while. :)