Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Carpe Diem



When I was in high school I was part of the "Carpe Diem Club," which was basically just an excuse to have weekend game nights and movie parties. We had so much fun, people would have thought we were high on something other than life. Our group really knew how to seize the day!

I came home from Church today feeling that same desire to "seize the day." I'll admit that not all Sundays have that same result. Especially Fast Sunday. Today was exceptional - the meetings went along just like they do on every other Sunday, but the difference I think came in my own attitude and desire to get something more from the meetings.

By the time I came home, I will filled with a deep joy and excitement to be alive. Life is so short and fragile - at any given moment our experience here could be over. And, while I am very curious what the next life will be like, I know there may come a point later that I'll look back on my time now and wish I had enjoyed it more.

So, I'm going to steal the motto that inspired a club from high school and reinvent my life. There are so many things I want to do and new things I want to learn... and really there's no time like the present, right?

To begin my Carpe Diem quest, I've decided to start coaching a soccer team of girls, ranging from 12-15 years old. I love the game, but I've never coached. I should be scared out of my mind, but I'm really excited.

So, what are you doing to seize the day? What have you been wanting to do and just haven't yet out of fear, or lack of time, or lack of motivation? Come on, join the quest!

Carpe Diem!

3 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

Shower!!!!

EAT!!!!!

CLEAN!!!!

EAT!!!!

CLEAN!!!!!

EAT!!!!

CLEAN!!!

SLEEP!!!!

Calamity Jane said...

I just came up with a new quest. I think I will find another 5k and see if I can beat my last time. Thanks for the motivation.

Phae-Jae said...

I really want to paint one wall RED!

Hmmmm...today would be a good day.