Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Here I Come...


I'll be discharged tomorrow morning and heading straight to be by the side of my baby. I've tried not to feel frustrated about having to wait this long before going down to be with him. I'm still technically recovering, but hoping that both Hugh and I will receive quicker healing being together. It has been so hard to be so far from him. I've received such mixed and confusing reports from his nurses that I'm not really sure exactly how he's doing, but one thing that has remained constant among all the reports is that he is doing well and continues to make small, steady improvements. I'm just hoping and praying that that story continues.

Thank you so much for all the prayers for Hugh and for our little family. We appreciate them more than I could ever express.


8 comments:

Kate said...

still mindful of your sweet family in my prayers . . . i hope that having his mom near him will help Hugh improve even more! :)

Allred Mom said...

Thinking and praying for all of you! :) Continue on the road to a healthy and full recovery!
Love you all!

Kim said...

Praying for both of your boys as they're away from Mommy right now and praying for Hugh (love his name!!) for a full and speedy recovery. Praying for your recovery as well! Keep us posted when/if you can!

Kristine Adler-Nissen said...

I am sending lots of warm and recovering thought for you from Denamrk. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you, not being able to be with Hugh. I hope that you will all be weel soon so you can go home and be together as a family again.
Love Kristine

Ence Family said...

Congrats on the sweet baby Boy...Hugh!! Sorry to hear that you are apart. Hope you can get to see him soon and that you both can recover peacefully together! Sending all Our love and prayers your way!

Kaija said...

for what it is worth, sweet Megan, a similar story separated me and my mom at my birth. the good news is i'm now a thriving adult and my mother and i have a fantastic relationship. i pray that you and your little hugh will indeed help each other heal.

Inkling said...

I am praying for you and Hugh. I am so glad he is here, and so sorry that you have had to be away from him. But I am praying that you guys will be able to catch up that lost time and bond quickly. You have a mama's intuition - healing will go faster by being together. I'll be praying that the nurses will welcome you there and make it possible for you to snuggle Hugh often and long. I'll also be praying for your guys at home.

Also, I'd wanted to comment on the post about being cheerful versus taking time to grieve. But the right words won't come. All I can say is thank you. Your words were like a balm, and they did my heart good. Thank you!

Brossettelewis said...

I hope you are enjoying each other now and that he is doing much better.