Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Monday, May 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home


It's 2:40pm and I just sent myself to our hospital "room" (which is really more like a closet with a bed in it). I'm not in trouble, though. I'm giving myself a chance to lay down for a little bit before we make our drive home. 

TODAY!

Last night after I fed my little boy, I was rocking him to sleep, still feeling rather weepy. As my tears fell down my cheeks and onto his, I pleaded with him to be strong and to sleep well so that his body could heal properly so that we could finally take him home. He seemed to look into my eyes knowing exactly what I was saying. And then he calmly closed his eyes and drifted into dreamland.

I woke up this morning feeling much less emotional and resigned to the idea of waiting another day or more if necessary for the health of our Hugh. That is our number one priority afterall. When I went into his room, I was greeted by one of his doctors, who informed me that she was doing a more thorough exam on Hugh like they do with every baby the day they go home. Those were her words. And, I had to clarify that I heard correctly.

Hugh ended up being on the oxygen for only three hours, his chest x-ray came back looking "excellent", and he's currently passing his last test - the car seat test, which is making sure he can make the ride home without his numbers dipping down dangerously low. This final test will be done in about 45 minutes. And, then we're good to go.

I can hardly believe how dramatically things have seemed to change since last night. My heart is so happy. It helped, too, that I got to see my little Benjamin this afternoon. My parents had to take my sister to the airport, so they all stopped by here for a quick visit. As crazy as I know things are about to get, my heart felt so full having all of us together in the same room. That's what I want. I can't wait! Just a few more hours and we'll be home.

Please, please know how grateful I am for all the prayers that have been offered on our behalf. I know, I know, they have made all the difference. My heart is so full. Thank you SO much!


15 comments:

AK Thomas Family said...

I am so thrilled for you. You guys deserve every moment of this & I am so happy that he is going home & you get to be complete:) Can't wait to hear about your trip to the temple w/Ben in the near future!!!

Inkling said...

I am so excited for you too, and hope you are at home and settled in as I type this. You guys will continue to be in my prayers, and on the rare chance that you actually get time to type, it will be fun to see a family photo and the boys finally together. What an incredible journey you are traveling, and what a story and testimony you have.

Allred Mom said...

Megan...
CONGRATULATIONS! I've been thinking of you all day hoping things were good, but never imagining that you would be home with Hugh today! Isn't prayer such a wonderful thing!
I'm so happy for all of you!

Love you all!
Rachel

KieraAnne said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well and you get to be home with your family today! Congratulations on all of the good times ahead.

Fire said...

So excited for you!!!! :D

Brossettelewis said...

Oh Happy Day! I am glad he is going/gone home. I hope you have a wonderful first week home...with two little boys. :) I am so excited for you and Marc. :)

AubreyMo said...

I'm so happy for you! Going home is the best day. My sister got to take her little girl home two weeks ago.

Stout Ranch said...

So happy for you and Marc! Glad everyone is doing well and going home.

Christian and Jennifer said...

I'm so happy for you both, as well! I have been praying for you. I'm pretty sure those little boys have the greatest mom ever.

Jen said...

I am so happy that you get to go home as a family!!!! I keep calling Christy to see if she knows anything, but she hasn't answered! I am so so happy for you both!

blog for steveLi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
blog for steveLi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberli said...

Congratulations on the birth of your little Hugh! Loved the pictures! Good luck in the days ahead...

candice said...

I hope you are home and adjusting well. It can be hard and overwhelming, but oh so worth it. As the days go by things get easier and easier, your body will adjust too, to all the new demands placed on it. Emotionally and physically it is rough for the first month (to three months---for me at least), but things get better and better and better, until it becomes second nature. Hang in there. Wishing you hugs and happy thoughts.

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Megan...words cannot express the happy thoughts of my heart for you and your little family. It must be so hard with two little ones to care for, but you have a strong spirit and you will rise to the occasion. Your story inspires me. Prayers and heartfelt thoughts are going your way!