Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Monday, October 15, 2007

Saturday - Pumkin Fest Parade and a Haircut


Saturday I participated in the Pumpkin Fest Parade with our soccer team. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures of our beautifully decorated truck. I think I need to just keep my camera in my purse at all times. But, anyway, it was fun! I'm not a huge fan of parades - as a participant or as a bystander - but, we really had a good time!

We spent the rest of the day with Mahala, J.C., and Thea. We got to have them hang out with us while their mom attended a class for school. Mahala actually went to a church activity, and Marc helped J.C. with some of his school work, and I gave Thea a new haircut. As a disclaimer, I have not received any professional training. But, I have had a lot of practice on Marc and on myself. It all started when I would come home from getting my hair cut and I wouldn't be happy with how they cut it, so I'd snip a little here and snip a little there, until I eventually got to the point where I would just skip directly to my own snipping here and there. Just don't look too close and you won't be able to tell the difference! :)

So, anyway, here's Thea before:


And, Thea after:

We ended up cutting about three inches off. But, here's the deal - Thea is such a cute little girl that she would look darling no matter what! We sure had a fun afternoon.

Since our home is usually very quiet with just Marc and me, we really enjoyed having a little more noise and energy filling our home. When we have kids of our own we'll probably appreciate the quiet days we have now... but, we honestly can't wait to have our home filled with the laughter and busy energy of kids. What joy!

2 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

I am saving my hair for you...When do you two come up?

Marc and Megan said...

Oh, I think that's too much pressure... I'd be way too nervous! ;) I think the plan is to come up for Thanksgiving. Can't wait!