Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bran Muffins

My mom passed this recipe on to me a few years ago, and I love it! It makes the best bran muffins... and they are so perfect for a cool Fall morning!


Bran Muffin Recipe

5 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
4 cups All-Bran cereal
2 cups Bran Flakes cereal
2 cups raisins (optional)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups boiling water
5 tsps. baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk

In a large bowl sift together flour and salt. Stir in All-Bran and Bran Flakes. Add raisins and nuts, if desired. Set aside.

Mix boiling water and baking soda; set aside to cool.

Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Beat well. Stir in buttermilk and soda/water mixture. Stir in bran mixture. Cover tightly. Best if refrigerated 12 hours (or more).

The mixture will keep 4-6 weeks in the refrigerator and can be baked as needed. When ready to bake, drop by spoonfuls into greased muffin tins. Do not stir mixture. Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 5-6 dozen muffins.

ENJOY! :)

3 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

I love bran muffins! I am going to make those tommorow. I promise to make them if you visit...

Jennifer B. said...

I want to make these too. Yummy!

Marc and Megan said...

I hope you both enjoy them! They are de-lish!