Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Monday, October 15, 2007

Friday Fun

Friday morning started with baking a fresh batch of whole wheat bread.


I am so grateful for Marc's Mom and sister who have shared their whole wheat bread recipe with me - it is so good! Rather than write the recipe out, just go here, if you're interested in making it, too.

I decided to make one loaf into a cinnamon swirl, which just consists of rolling out the section of dough, spreading a little butter, sprinkling a layer of cinnamon sugar, and then rolling it up and putting it into a loaf pan. Yum!


Later that night we had another friend come over for a visit. Emi was in town with her kids for the week, so as soon as she had the kids put to bed at Grandma's, she came over to visit with us. Emi and her family just moved to Arizona a few months ago. We were sad to see them go, but are happy that life is going so well for them in Arizona.

Emi and I first got to know each other when we played on the same soccer team, close to twenty years ago. I came across our team's soccer picture a few months ago, so I'll have to get it out again and post it here. While we have known each other for a long time, it has only been in the last three years that we have gotten to know each other really well. We loved living in the same town as her and Aaron... and have so many great memories of hanging out together with them. It's hard to have friends move away, but having them back in town (if only for a short visit) brings so much joy. We love our friendship with them!

Emi, it was so great to see you! Thanks for coming over to see us!

2 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

Megan your bread looks beautiful, I have to admit, better than mine, oh dear, the young do surpass the old ;)

Marc and Megan said...

It must just be the lighting... or maybe it's the glow of the olive oil I brush over the tops. But, honestly, I don't think it's possible to have better looking bread that you! I keep telling myself that *someday* if I practice really hard.... :)