Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Beach Camping

Marc is right - our two day beach vacation was a much needed break. We needed the rest and relaxation. I also finished reading a book and started another one, dozed off under the warmth of the sun, waded into the cold ocean water, enjoyed the feeling of sand between my toes, and ate some yummy food. I've decided that planning good meals is the best part of camping. Of all the good food we had, I think the highlight was the dutch oven peach cobbler. It was heavenly!

It was great to have my parents there with us, too. While Marc was taking one of his much needed naps, I went exploring with my parents. We found a little river running into the ocean, where the water was significantly more tolerable. I really enjoyed spending that time with them. They'll be leaving for Australia in just a couple of weeks and I am grateful to have this time with them. I'm sure the year and a half will go by fast, but it's hard to think of them being on the other side of the world.

Marc and I also had some quiet time together, while we took a stroll down the beach at sunset. Life needs more of those moments... to slow down and just be in the moment. We even found a private little cove to sneak a few kisses!

The big disappointment of the weekend was not being able to try out our new 9-person tent. We bought it last winter, at a really good price. We were excited to try it out, but it was so windy on the beach that it wouldn't stay up. Check this out:



Luckily we had brought our other smaller tents, just in case we would need them. Overall, we had a fantastic time!

-Megan

No comments: