Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Where in the world? - 3/22/08


This is the view from the airplane, flying from New Zealand to Australia. It was so beautiful that morning!! The colors were amazing!!



And, this photo is of Darling Harbour in Sydney Australia. We arrived in Sydney at 8:30am, where my parents met us at the airport. We went directly to their flat, on the 9th floor of a high-rise building in downtown Sydney. It was so amazing to be there with them, seeing all these places that we've only heard about in their emails.

We took showers and then Marc laid down for a little nap while I went to the grocery store with my Dad. My Mom was excited to get back into her crocheting with the new yarn we brought with us. When my Dad and I returned, we ate lunch and then walked down to Darling Harbour and around the general area, just completely enjoying every sight, smell, and sound. It was hard to believe we were really there!

Later that evening my parents took us to a section of Sydney, just down the street from them, called "Little Italy." We found a really cute Italian restaurant, called "Trovato"... which ironically means "found" in Italian. I have to admit that I'm a food snob when it comes to eating Italian food... but, this place was awesome! It has been a long time since I've eaten Italian food like this. We all were really pleased with what we ordered, and the atmosphere of the place made it even more amazing. It was quiet and quaint and just perfect. So, if you're ever in Sydney and craving Italian food, this is the place to go!

No comments: