Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Saturday, July 7, 2007

This I Believe - Adoption

NPR has a segment called "This I Believe" where people write essays about their life experiences. While we were in Utah, John and Dawnette shared one of the essays with us. It's about a couple who is waiting to adopt and have come to believe parenthood is a gift. It reflects many of our own feelings, but the feelings are expressed so well that we had to share it. You can listen to it or read it.

6 comments:

aubrey said...

carrotjello directed me here.

i love the "this i believe" series on npr. i listened to it and it brought tears to my eyes. thank you for sharing it.

b. said...

From someone who feels less human due to my own flawed biology....this gripped my soul.
Thanks for sharing it.
By the way, I'm an adoptive mom times three.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I love how our hearts can be touched, bringing us to pray lovingly for people we've never met face to face.

Praying for you now. =)

Marc and Megan said...

Aubrey, isn't NPR great?! Our other favorite is Car Talk. Thanks for coming over!

b., it is really comforting to know there are others out there who have happy endings! :)

kimberly, we appreciate prayers on our behalf... thank you so much!

Marc and Megan said...

BTW, isn't Carrot the greatest?!! (thanks, CJ, for your tireless support!)

Carrot Jello said...

I'll find you a baby come hell or high water. ;)