Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Love the life you live

When we got back from our trip to Utah, we immediately changed the title of our blog and never explained why. Maybe nobody noticed, but just in case you did, this post is for you. The first morning we were at my sister Dawnette's, while eating breakfast, I noticed a piece of painted wood hanging above the kitchen table with these words painted on it, in my Dad's writing: Love the Life you Live.

As I stared at those words, it was like one of those "ah-ha" moments. I mean, I know it's a really simple idea, but I guess it just really hit me. I feel like too much of my life {lately} has been spent comparing my life to those around me, making mental lists of how my life differs from theirs... and wouldn't you know it, that more often than not those mental lists don't dwell on how fortunate I am.

Not so much anymore. That "ah-ha" moment has changed the way I look at my life. I have new eyes that appreciate the journey our life has taken. Yes, I'll admit that our life has taken us in a different course than what we expected, but along that path we have found beautiful moments that have strengthened us and given us many opportunities to see amazing vistas.

A few months ago I may have told you that I'd do anything to trade places with "person X", but I can honestly say I am happy to be in these shoes. I love the path we are traveling and I'm grateful for the blessings we're finding along the way, teaching us that whatever path our life takes, we can love the life we live.


- Megan

7 comments:

wendy said...

What a lovely blog. Thanks for the reminder!

Marc and Megan said...

thanks, wendy!

Heffalump said...

I have a sign that my Grandmother did in Calligraphy that says something like. "If you ask me why I came here, I will tell you, I came to live out loud." For some reason I have always loved that quote.
Love the life you live is great advice and a great thought to focus your life through as well.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Thank you for the reminder that, Yes, my life is good. I appreciate your insight, and I hope that today I can look through my life and enjoy every trial!

Amanda said...

Great post! You are so right! I too often compare my life to others when I should just be happy and grateful for what's been given to me! Thanks for the reminder!

Carrot Jello said...

If you can't be with the life you love, love the life you live. Love the life you live. Dah dah dah dah dah dah dee dah...

Marc and Megan said...

heffalump, I really like that saying... I may just have to borrow it! :)

gordonwesfamily, life really is good, huh?!

amanda, you're welcome! thanks for your comment. :)

carrot jello, is that really a song? Hmmm, off to youtube I go...