Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th today (you're not supposed to write out the 13 as "thirteenth"), and Megan asked me if I was going to blog about it. Yes I am.

Normally it's coolest to celebrate Friday the 13th in October, because of the superstitious connotations of the date. I have bad news, though: The next Friday the 13th that occurs in October won't be until 2017.

In fact, the 13th of the month is more likely to fall on a Friday than on any other day, so if you were waiting for *tuesday* the 13th, for example, you'd have to wait longer. Or so I'm told.

Speaking of people who would look good in witch costumes, Julia Louis-Dreyfus was born on Friday, March 13, 1964. Can't you just imagine her as the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz?

Anyway, if you, like me, found yourself cowering under the table all day today, you may have triskaidekaphobia, the fear of...the number that comes after twelve.

Closer to the subject at hand, if you are thinking, "no, this cowering thing happens to me *every* 13th, not just on Fridays," you probably aren't lucky enough to have paraskevidekatriaphobia, or a fear of Friday the 13th specifically.

Sadly, I predict that the only part of this post you will remember tomorrow is the mental image of Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a witch costume.

-Marc

2 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Wow, you must be a psychic or something. YOu predicted correctly.

Heffalump said...

Wow...I have a great image of a whole Seinfeld Wizard of Oz with Kramer as the Scarecrow, and George and the Cowardly Lion...who to play Dorothy though?
Carrot sent me here. You are nice people, and you are funny too! I think I will visit more often!