Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ten months


My baby is ten months old today. Where has the time gone? I was watching him today, the way he's cruising around the furniture at practically a running pace, squealing with excitement, and I just can't believe how fast he's growing.

Hugh is our little lion, growling more than babbling. Last month at his 9-month check up I had to fill out a questionnaire about his development and when I got to the questions about babbling, I really didn't know how to answer honestly. I love it, though, and feel a little sad that at some point it'll probably stop. I must get a decent video of his best growling.

This was a big week for Hugh. He figured out how to clap on his own. He started saying "oh" in a voice that reminds me of either Rocky Balboa or some mafioso. He's still doing his "humming" sound when he eats - especially when it's yogurt.

AND, his first tooth has finally poked through! I've been checking his ever smooth newborn-like gums for the last few weeks, for any signs of teeth coming in. Nothing. Then, the other day he was smiling is his scrunchy nose, open-mouth grin and I thought I saw something stuck to his upper gums. With a quick swipe of my finger, I realize it was a tooth! This whole time I had been looking on the bottom, not even considering that the top teeth might come in first. I was a little surprised by it since Ben got his bottom two in first.

Hugh doesn't miss a thing - who's coming, who's going, who's eating, who's talking, when it's time to eat, when it's time to sleep, when it's time to get up, when you've left the room... you get the idea.

And, here is one more video of him crawling over Ben's Buzz Lightyear car. I'm not really sure why, but even when there's a clear path for him to walk around it he'll still choose to crawl over it. I love how some of the controls on the car go off while he's stuck and trying to get over.


Hugh just adores Benjamin - when they see each other first thing in the morning of just after their naps, Hugh squeals and tries to squirm out of my arms. Oh, and when he gets really excited, he flexes his bum muscles... it cracks me up. Even just thinking about it now is making me laugh.

It's been a fun ten months. I'm still trying to wrap my head around his birth and all that came with his arrival, but mostly I just feel so grateful for such a happy outcome and such a happy boy. I'm so glad he's part of our family and we've been blessed with his sweetness and spunk.


No comments: