Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sweet Surprise

This probably could have been included with our previous post, but I felt like this deserved its own, separate post. When we first looked towards our daughters' grave this morning, we noticed there was something sticking out of their vase:


We pulled it out and this is what we read:

Needless to say, our hearts were so touched by this sweet note. Tears immediately filled my eyes. I used to work with the Young Women at Church and these two, Mahala and Sage, are the most thoughtful teenagers! When they found out I was expecting twins, they wrote me a beautiful card on Mother's Day and brought me over homemade popcicles to help me through the morning sickness. They had already been designated as our babysitters... they were so excited to fulfill that responsibility. We were all excitedly looking forward to the days ahead.

A couple of weeks ago, they asked if they could ride their bikes with us one morning to the cemetery, since neither of them were able to be with us for the Memorial service. I was touched that they would want to come with us. It was nice to share some of our thoughts and testimonies with them that morning. But, I didn't think they'd visit the gravesite again on their own.

We really weren't expecting to find this note today. We assumed we were the only ones visiting our daughters' grave. Their reality is so much more powerful in our hearts and minds, and we don't expect others to feel the same reality of who they are to us. But, just for a brief moment this morning, I was completely overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude for the love that others feel, not only for us, but also for our girls, Elliana and Emmaline. I know they are loved by so many. I can't wait for the day that they'll be showered with that love from those who already love them, even without having the chance to get to know them here.

And, so I guess, more than ever before, we're still excitedly looking forward to the days ahead....

5 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

Your little girls are loved by so many! What sweet young ladies to be so thoughtful!

Megan, I have been thinking alot about you, and I just wanted you to know how much I love you! Without ever physically meeting you or talking to you, I know that you are a very special person. I feel so blessed to be a small part of your life, and I really hope one day we can actually meet.

Mindy said...

That is so precious. What amazing girls!

Kayce said...

I know you don't know me, but your story has been amazing to me. I couldn't imagine the strength losing a child has to take, but you are absolutely amazing. And that note on the grave was amazing. You guys are in our prayers.

Andrea said...

Megan:
What sweet young women! It always touches my heart whenever anyone puts something on Wyatt's grave. Each time I've been overwhelmed with gratitude. I wish I could come and put some flowers on your girls grave right now. Know that I'm thinking of you always and praying that you recieve all that you are in need of right now.
Love,
Andrea

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

You are such an example- both in the brighter parts of life and the darker. How absoultely telling is that note- those girls love you, and thus they love your daughters- who were so very perfect. I admire you very much. Thank you for putting so much of yourself into your blog. It will bring comfort to others in similar circumstances.