Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blossoms in August


My heart has been touched deeply by small miracles lately. In the last couple of days, three separate plants of ours have blossomed flowers. I don't remember the last time they produced flowers, and I surely wasn't expecting blossoms in August, but they are beautiful and so alive.




When I look at them I feel an overwhelming sense of God's love and awareness. They feel like His gentle way of reminding me of life... life beyond death, victory from the grave. I'm grateful to a loving Father who is so gently blessing us through what may be our darkest hour, who is guiding us along this rugged path, who is filling our life with sweet reminders of His love for us and for our little girls.

 

We will spend the next couple of days soaking up the beauty and life from the incredible outdoors. It is calling and we are definitely needing to fill up from the fountains of life. I love this quote by John Muir:

Thousands of tired, nerve shaken, over civilized people are beginning to find that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful words. The blossoms such tender mercies.

Andrea said...

I just love those tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father. We too are going to the mountains this weekend. I feel closer to my Wyatt when I'm surrounded by beautiful things of nature. Thanks for the post. You are amazing Megan!
Love,
Andrea

KieraAnne said...

I read this on someone eles blog that also lost a child and I thought you might like it.

"One of my favorite books is called The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. It is one of the most insightful and meaningful books I have ever read. One of the chapters is called Joy and Sorrow. He is much more eloquent than I could ever be so I will let him sum up my feelings on the subject.


Then a woman said, "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."

And he answered:

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

But I say unto you, they are inseparable.

Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.

Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.

When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall."

Andrea said...

Megan and Marc:
Happy Anniversary! I loved the video. You are such a cute couple! Megan, thanks for the comment you left on our blog. You are so sweet and it really touches me that you would like to release a balloon in memory of Wyatt. I need to get your address so if you could e-mail me with it that would be great. Thanks for your sweetness to me.
Love,
Andrea
andrealarsen2002@yahoo.com