Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day


Today, for Memorial Day, we took the boys to the cemetery. Even though I know they aren't able to understand everything right now, we want moments like that to always feel like a normal part of our life, and our girls a normal part of our family.



We were happy to share the moment with my parents, my sister, and her two little ones.


Ben wanted to get down and run around, like we were at the park. He thought all of the graveside decor were toys... kinda hard to keep him from grabbing at everything!


Not wanting to disturb anyone or anything, we didn't stay long, but it was still a nice visit. Spending time remembering Elliana and Emmaline increasingly brings peace to my life and clarity to my priorities. I just hope that through the years these visits will provide Ben and Hugh with the same feelings of peace and clarity.


1 comment:

Allred Mom said...

A Special Memorial day for you. I'm so glad you were able to have your parents and Mandy with you. Love you!