Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Memories made in the Sun


The big highlight of our time down with our friends was an important ceremony; a ceremony where my friend Christy became a U.S. citizen. It was a unique opportunity to experience. Feelings of patriotism mingled with spiritual feelings in such a way that I wasn't sure where one began and the other ended. It was such a privilege to be there for such a big moment for my friend.


I just love this photo! Aren't they the cutest family?!


** The photos above were done professionally by Christy's friend - she got some really incredible shots. Go here to see them for yourself. If you live in the area, you might just find an excuse to hire her for a photo shoot. She's good at what she does and was super nice! **


That day is really one that I won't ever forget. I'm so glad we found a way to be there and so grateful for the initial phone call from Dan that started the whole adventure. And, then to spend a few days in the sun, hanging out with their family was awesome and long overdue.

I'm sure it'll be obvious from the following photos that my boys were in heaven. They had so much fun! Of course, it helped that heaven was just outside their sliding glass door - the backyard held its own little park and playground. One day we'll have to get ourselves a backyard like theirs.

Ben fell in love with this Tonka dump truck (these two were pretty much inseparable)...



Ben found his own little version of pushing toys around like he does with his cars at home, this time at the window sill...



we laughed A LOT (Christy's three are some of the most genuinely hilarious kids I know - after just a day with them, you'd be convinced, too, I promise!) ...



we cleaned up messes (this was just after my two schemed together to get a bag of goldfish open and then proceeded to eat them off the floor) ...



we ate good food...


we cooled off...






we lounged...

Hugh learned from Dan how to play Super Mario Brothers...




and learned from Sorority Girl Elsie how to properly shout "Woo-hoo!"...


we played with Bella, the dog (and learned that my boys LOVE dogs, or at least this particular dog)...



we welcomed Daddy with big smiles when he arrived...


These photos give just a quick glimpse into our time together, but I wish everyone could have the chance to spend a day in their home, among their family. There is love in their actions and expressions, there is joy, there is calm even amid the moments of chaos, there is patience and temperance in moments of teaching (I'll never forget Levi's first experience with ebay!). Dan and Christy have both overcome their own personal Mount Everests, and dare I say on multiple occasions. They have their own stories that uplift and inspire and make the world a better place - well, at least my world. It truly is a blessing to call them friends.


4 comments:

Christy Bishop said...

oh Megan, you make us look too good! Really! But I think you have truly captured that we believe life is joyful, not perfect. But I like joy better anyway! The time with you and the boys was wonderful! Maybe we can make this an anual tradition??? Hugs!

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Hi! I'm a new follower! I hope you'll come follow me too!

Mandi said...

These pictures are awesome! I especially love the kinda mischievous look in Hugh's eye in the Super Mario pictures! So glad that you were able to go and had such a great time!

Christian and Jennifer said...

How fun to see my two friends together in one post! I still think it is funny just how small the world really is . . .