Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Friday, January 21, 2011

Round Two


* Taken this morning while watching Elmo

Well, we had about a week break after recovering from the flu when we were hit with something different but equally as horrible. It started off as a simple cold - slight cough and runny nose - but quickly turned into serious congestion, sore throat, body aches, vomiting, and fever. It was so bad that I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have survived this week without the extra help from my parents.

And, of course, it hit us during a week when we've had fantastic weather with temperatures in the 70s. We've been so sick that even the shining sun wasn't alluring enough to get us outside. But, I think we are finally on the mend. And, I'm hoping that we'll be able to enjoy our health for a little bit longer than a week before dealing with round three. In fact, I'd be elated if we're done with flu season until next year!

The good news is that the forecast shows at least another week of 70s, which we'll hopefully be able to enjoy a little next week. It'll be nice to feel like a normal human being again. And, I'm mostly looking forward to having my boys back - when they're sick it's like life is just sucked right out of them and watching them in that state is too much for my heart to bear.

I find it amazing how much more you appreciate your health after being sick. If nothing else, this round two of sickness has helped me feel more aware and grateful for simple things of life, like being healthy, playing on the floor with my boys, and tasting food again.


1 comment:

Louise Taylor said...

I stumbled across your Blog today and just wanted to let you know how wonderful I think it is.

I obviously haven't had the opportunity to read it all but I have read enough to get an outline of your story and life. I find it heart warming how positive and upbeat you both remain through such difficult heartbreaking times.

I hope you don't mind if I follow your Blog in the future as I find it so inspiring.

Wishing you a successful and happy 2011.