Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sensory Overload

There is so much about Ben and his story that are itching to be written. Multiple times every day I find my mind trying to form the most perfect words to share the sacred and the tender details of how he came to us and how he has changed our lives. (And, when I say that I'm clearly referring also to Tracey and her role in making this miracle a reality.)

The truth is that these last few weeks have left us with a feeling of complete sensory overload. The sounds, the smells, the touch, the beauty, the deeply sensitive feelings we're experiencing... it's all been so overwhelming, in the most beautiful and miraculous ways. Of all the feelings to process, these have felt so much more complex. I think on some level this all just still feels like a dream.

It was actually while reading something my sister, Mandi, wrote yesterday on her blog that made it all hit home. Somehow reading her perspective of it made it feel more real. And, realizing that this beautiful gift that has been given to us wasn't a dream brought me to tears.

We are so humbled and grateful to have Benjamin in our home and a part of our family.

Here are some photos I took of him earlier this week, at three weeks old.





13 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

He is darling.
My kids were just suggesting (tonight) that we fly down to see him. ;)

KieraAnne said...

Aaaaw...what a sweet boy! They grow so fast these first few weeks. Keep taking pictures!

Heffalump said...

He's Beautiful!

Amy said...

I can honestly say, Megan, "I know!" The most beautiful words cannot do justice! What a precious little boy, and what a spirit of healing those little ones bring to people like us who have been through the fire. I love that you are experiencing this joy. I just am BURSTING for you, sister! I can't even look at the picture of you curled around newborn Benjamin without crying. What an absolute miracle. Heavenly Father so loves us. I am just beaming for you. Sending tons of love your way,
Amy

Allred Fam said...

Beautiful! I've been wondering about you, knowing "where" you've been because you haven't been on the computer blogging!

Brossettelewis said...

I love seeing picture after picture of that little man on your blog. He's such a beautiful blessing.

Calamity Jane said...

Thanks for that beautiful post! He is perfect in every way

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you. I agree with your sister, you were meant to be a mother. I can't even imagine how special this time must be for your little family. I've had my fair share of sensory overload with Em. I love thinking back on those times to remember how special it was. I know you will too, so just keep soaking that precious baby in........

Mandi said...

I know that babies change and grow so quickly - but he already looks older! And those pictures were taken only two days after I left?! Impossible!

He is beautiful! I miss you all so much!

Allred Mom said...

He is such a beautiful little boy and so lucky to have a special mom and dad like you and Marc! What a special birth mother he has who knew that he needed both of you, as much as you need him!

Love you!

Trent and Amber said...

He is so cute and I am sure you are loving every single minute with him. Babies are such a complete joy and blessing, little miracles really. Enjoy that sweet baby, I check on here all the time for more updates! Love you! Amber

The Pollards said...

I love hearing the joy in your voice. Steven looked at me last night as we were giving the baby her bath and said, "I can't believe she is our baby." He of course had the worlds biggest smile on his face. Can you believe it? He is your baby and is going to be a great big brother to that belly dweller. :O)

dust and kam said...

What a precious miracle. He is beautiful.