Marc and Megan Logo

family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo family photo

Monday, June 18, 2007

Two Ways to Vacation at the Beach

There are only two ways to vacation at the beach, if you really think about it.

The first way is to soak it all in and act like you're on mental holiday. This means you do whatever comes to mind - napping, reading, exploring, eating, floating.

The second way is to make a list of things you want to do at the beach and work your way through the list: Playing in the water, flying a kite, going for a run, eating s'mores, doing a crossword puzzle.

This weekend, I did things the first way. I finished a book I was reading, but I didn't do any sketches at all. I ate a hotdog (even though I don't really like hotdogs anymore), but I didn't take nearly enough photos. I took a long nap, and I let other people explore the rocks.

I could tell I just needed a break. Rest, relaxation, no planning.

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can sketch again, make plans again, and be hyperactive again.

Marc

No comments: